Purpose of SEO Extensions
SEO extensions can help you with keyword research, on-page SEO optimization, ranking checking, and other SEO-related aspects.
Why should we use them?
The majority of experts use the top SEO Chrome extensions for on-page SEO. Majority uses them for rank checking and technical SEO.These are also handy for competitive analysis and link building.
List of SEO extensions available for chrome
#1 Checkbot: SEO, Web Speed & Security Tester
1. Check localhost sites
- PDF audit reports
- Export crawl results to CSV
- Advanced crawl settings to exclude URLs by pattern, type, folder and subdomain
- Crawling sites behind HTTP Auth passwords
- Performs SEO tests
- Broken links,
- missing or long page titles
- duplicate content
- canonical URLs
- image ALT tags
- mobile scaling
- 404 page
- temporary redirects
- sitemap setup & URL names.
- Perform page speed tests:
- redirecting URLs
- redirect chains.
- Perform Web security tests
- Security headers
- mixed content
- insecure password forms.
Helpsthe website regarding load speed, rank higher in Google and improve the security. also helps you analyze both how safe and how optimized a website is for search engines
#2 SEO Minion
1. Analyze On-Page SEO
- analyze the HTML of any webpage
- view useful information that will help you optimize the On-Page SEO as well as alert you to any issues.
2. Highlight All Links
- quickly see all the links (internal & external) for any webpage
3. Check Broken Links
- check every link on a webpage
- get a report of any links with issues
4. Hreflang Checker
- check hreflang tag validity
- check if there are return tags present
5. SERP Preview
- preview your website on a real Google search result
- update this in real time
6. Google search location simulator
- view non-personalized google search results for one keyword on two different location/language combination.
7. SERP Utilities
- copy/download URLs & data from Google SERP – Organic, Advert, Local, Product, Video, Image, Fresh, News and FAQ listings.
#3 SEO META in 1 CLICK
- Check title and its length,
- Check description and its length,
- Check URL (and meta-canonical url too),
- Check meta-robots,
- Check displaying headers in order of their appearance in HTML (H1, H2, H3, H4, H5 and H6),
- Check number of images with and without ALT,
- Check the number of links (internal, unique, …)
- Check Open Graph and twitter social data
- Check Robots.txt and sitemap.xml
Displays all meta tags/data and main SEO information clearly.
#4 Serpstat Website SEO Checker
- On-page search engine optimization:
- Page Source
- Google Cache
- PageSpeed Insights
- Site start date
- Meta tags
- HTML tags
- Words Count / Symbols Count
- Favicon checker
2. Page analysis:
- Top 10 keywords in Google ranking
- URL that ranks for this request
- Ranking position for this keyword
- Position change and search volume
- Keyword CPC
- URL Competitors
- Keywords the site ranks in
- Missing keywords
3. Domain analysis
- Domain visibility
- Domain traffic
- Number of keywords
- Improved and declined keywords
- New and lost keywords
- PPC keywords
- Number of results in Google, Bing
- Yandex Quality Index
- Number of images in Google Image Search
- Alexa Rank.
- Visibility change graph
#5 WIREFOX SEO TOOLKIT – SEO ANALYSIS TOOL
- SEO & Traffic Analysis
- Alexa – Analyze website traffic of your own website/competitors’ website with a diverse set of SEO tools
- SERanking –help analyze traffic & other relevant areas
- SEMRush – A complete suite of tools for SEO, Social Media, PPC adverts & video research
- Speed & Performance Analysis
- Pingdom Tools –monitor the availability, speed & performance of a website
- GT Metrix – Analyzes a website’s loading speed and gives two independent scores using PageSpeed&YSlow metrics
- Google PageSpeed Insights – Uses Google’s own algorithmic score of page loading performance and provides insights on how to improve it.
- Website & SEO Auditing
- WooRank – SEO checker to review your website & identify keyword deficiencies and make improvements
- Nibbler (Silktide) – Testing accessibility, SEO & social media issues
- SEOptimer –analyze website and grade them in various areas and discover areas to improve
- SiteChecker – creates an audit report on 100+ parameters that include metrics such as links, metadata & images
- Iwebchk – provides website analysis in SEO, performance, validity, security, accessibility etc.
- Domain Authority Checker –check the Domain Authority score of a website and see where it ranks on the internet
- Backlinks Analysis
- Majestic –boasts of a host of link intelligence tools for SEO and digital marketing purposes
- Ahrefs –competitor analysis to backlink audits and keyword research etc.
- Ubersuggest –provides a good overview on the links and other SEO metrics of your website
- Moz Link Explorer – give some great insights to get a competitive edge over your competitors’ websites
- Social Signals
- Social Shares Count Checker –track the social media shares for a given URL
- Count Checker – gives a comprehensive insight on the number of shares together with viewer feedback (likes & comments) on social media sites
#6 SEO Pro Extension
- Title and its length,
- Meta description and its length,
- URL and meta-canonical URL
- Meta robots tags
- xml and robots.txt files
- H1-H6 in the order of their appearance in the source code
- Images with and without ALT Tag Attribute
- Internal and external links
- HTTP status code and Redirects
- Structured data
- Core Web Vitals
- Export data in CSV file format
- Highlight nofollow links
- Quick links to other SEO tools
#7 DNS Checker – SEO and Domain Analysis
- IP and Geo Location of a domain.
- Your IP and its Geo-Location Data.
- Traffic Rank of a website.
- Total Redirects, HTTP response code, page initial response time, and page speed of a current page.
- Domain Quick SEO Report (Most Important SEO HTML tags + Advanced SEO Analysis of the current page).
- Topmost used keywords in content of current URL.
- Total External and Internal Links report.
- In-page Nofollow / Dofollow Links and their anchor texts.
- View all Heading tags from H1 to H6 and their inner text.
- HTML Image Tags Alt Attributes Analysis (See which tags have missing alt attributes).
- Status Indicators for the current page’s status code, status text, redirect, 404, and other data regarding indexing and SEO
#8 Link Redirect Trace
- check and find problems in your On page SEO
- check and find problems in your Off page SEO (incoming links)
- check your competitor’s links
- check your affiliate links – understand who’s setting which cookie
- understand the full redirect chain and reduce the hops if possible for faster load times
- check your links after a website migration or redesign
- check if a shortened URL points to a dangerous website
- trace a hacker website redirect
- track links from advertising and affiliate networks
#9 SEO station by Carlos Estevez
- Checks title
- Checks meta description
- Checks canonical
- Checks meta robots
- Checks h1
- Checks Mobile version
- Checks AMP
- Checks Twitter Card
- Checks CMS used by the website
- Integration with Google Search Console “Inspect URL” and “Rich snippets test” tools
- Link to canonical url (if it is different from the current one)
- Red alerts if any element does not fit SEO standards
#10 Greenlane SEO Sitemap Tools
1. Test and manipulate sitemaps
- Test all URLs to make sure they are status 200
- Find any URLs that redirect or are broken
- Find and replace URLs in the sitemap and preview live
- Test sitemap response time from server
- Test sitemap file size
- Live preview changes in your sitemap, and download the new sitemap right from the extension
- Export all of the sitemap URLs in a .csv to run through your favorite SEO tool!
After going through the above listed SEO extensions for google chrome, practically I think the best ones would be SEO minion and Wirefox SEO toolkit
SEO minion would be a great option since it provides all the necessary on page SEO tools and great features required all at one place with easy accessibility. Simple, quick and Easy to use. used and trusted by professionals as well.
Wire fox SEO toolkit is another great option in my opinion since it has the a very wide range of tools and features. It combines the best of features from all the well-known toolkits and combine them in one. it is pretty much all in one extension toolkit for website analysis keywords, speed optimizing, back linking etc